My sister's wedding

The month of Oct was just a crazy one this year.  There just seemed to be so much going on with sewing costumes for my daughters school play, to my sister getting married, a family vacation to Hawaii, sewing my children's costumes for halloween, my birthday, Allison's 2nd birthday, and Lilliana breaking her arm at school - just to name a few.

Let's start with the wedding (which by the way was on my birthday).  While I didn't have a ton to do for the wedding I did have a few assignments.  About 2 weeks before the wedding the grooms parents decided they wanted to make a little photo/video montage of Matt and Jennifer.  My Mom had enough on her plate so she asked if I could help.  She brought over the family photos which consisted of a few photo albums, and a file box FILLED with random photos in no particular order - thanks Mom.  After spending a few hours selecting the photos I got them all scanned in and sent off to Matt's dad.  I was ready to check that off my list.  A few days later I get an email from Matt's dad asking for a video or two of Jennifer… ok I'll see what I can find.  Unfortunately Jennifer grew up in a time where video was still on tapes so it literally would have required HOURS of sorting through video, editing, and converting to a digital format.  I honestly didn't have time to get this project done.  And I would have had to FIND the videos which were packed up in a box somewhere in my mom's garage.  After spending a few days trying to figure out how I was going to get this done I got an email saying they weren't going to use video after all.  What a relief!!  Matt and Jen weren't super thrilled with the photo/video montage so it pretty much got axed.  It kinda got shown at the rehersal dinner.

Jennifer chose a palatte of neutral tones for the wedding, and wanted the bridesmaids to wear a peach dress.  You would think this wouldn't be too hard of a color to find.  Well it wasn't necessarily, but finding one that was modest and peach was another story.  I think I bought and returned at least 8-9 dresses.  Surprisingly I ended up wearing one I ordered from Target.  I wasn't super in love with the dress, but I only spent about $30 on it which I was grateful for.  My three girls were flower girls, I loved their dresses.



Allison was hard to capture at the reception.  This was all I got!

Mark was rockin it in his new black suit.




The day before the wedding was a lot of fun.  It started out with a mani/pedi with my sisters, my mom, and myself.  We went to Blossom Nail Spa in San Jose.  They really did a nice job, so if you are looking for a nice salon I definately can recommend it.  I decided to try the shellac manicure and I am so glad I did.  It looked like a brand new manicure for at least 2 weeks.  That night was the rehersal dinner with our family, Matt's family, and some close friends.  After the rehearsal dinner my sister Whitney planned a little bachelorette party for Jennifer.  We met at a friends house, played a few games, then drove to Santana Row for a little scavenger hunt.  Jennifer and someone of her choosing had to complete different tasks like, get someone to give you a piggy back ride, take a picture with a police officer, get 3 guys phone numbers, etc…  We had a lot of laughs that night.


And yes we did make her leave the house in that get-up.


The next morning was quite busy trying to get everyone ready and off to Oakland in time for the wedding.  We were of course about 40 minutes late leaving the house.  Luckily we didn't hit any traffic and made it to the Oakland Temple.  I found an open room in the adjoining stake center and left my kids with my sister Whitney, and a our great babysitter Emma.  (I knew I was going to need extra help today so I planned ahead).  Once everyone was settled I headed into the temple.  When I got there I was told everyone had already gone up to the sealing room (uhh yeah I was totally late…)  So I get upstairs and walk into the room where everyone is seated and my mom motions me to come sit by her.  So I sit down and I literally start crying.  Ok like a few tears fell (I was not sobbing or anything).  It was a mixture of relief of finally getting there, worry that they would have started without me and I would miss it - they totally would have waited for me, and just happiness for my sister.  It really was such a beautiful ordinance and I'm so glad I was there to witness it.  It was also a great reminder of the promises I made at my wedding.  It reminded me of some things that I can do to make my own marriage even better.

You would think I would have more photos, but alas I was busy trying to keep kids clean and happy so I stole some from my sister's fb page.

The very happy couple.  Congrats you two.



Comments

  1. Crazy busy, woman! No wonder I haven't seen you! Such a handsome picture of Mark. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts