August Photo Dump

We have a whirlpool tub in the master bath.  One day Jim filled the tub and added some bubbles.  The kids asked to have the jets on and this was the result.  They had so much fun!



The last time we went to the aquarium grandma and grandpa bought the deluxe membership to the aquarium so they could get all the grandkids in and one or two adults.  So another trip the aquarium it is.  This time we spent more time in the kids play area.






My Dad's house in San Francisco turned 100 this year, so of course they had a birthday party.  All the grandkids were able to make it.  Here is the group.  Let's just say this is the best we could do picture wise.


Camille is getting her first haircut.  What is that you say - she's 3??!!  Yes unfortunately my kids don't grow hair very quickly.


In a moment of weakness Jim and I went to "LOOK" at cats.  We went to a few Petco's but I wasn't thrilled with the cats, so we went to the humane society.  I guess the shelter was pretty crowded and they were having a 2 for 1 special...

Meet Lucy and Ethel.  I still can't believe I am now a cat owner.  I mean I like cats, but...


Funny story about the cats.  On the way home from the shelter I had put the carrier in the back seat next to Camille.  Well somehow as we were driving the top part opened and out comes a scared kitten into the car.  So as Jim was driving I was trying to keep one cat in the carrier and grab the other one with one hand and put it back in the carrier.  Camille and Allison thought it was great fun.  (Mark and Lilliana were having a fun filled weekend with Noni at the Russian River).

The kids love the cats and luckily they are VERY tolerant of the little girls who just want to snuggle them all the time.


In August it's also Mark's birthday.  We didn't have a big party, but instead took him and his 3 best friends to Roaring Camp Railroad in Scotts Valley.  The boys had a great day.  And as it turned out the train we rode was #7!


Mark helped me decorate the cake and insisted we add the truck.  Thanks Amy for the delicious frosting recipe - EVERYONE commented on how wonderful it was.  It is my new go to frosting.




Comments

  1. Yay - I'm so glad you like that frosting recipe and that it got rave reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts