My thoughts for the week

You know those super cute knit things you see on etsy or in boutique stores?  I now know why they cost so much.  Knitting is a slow process.  About a year ago I decided to learn to knit.  I really enjoy doing it, but it is just SLOW going.  Maybe I am just a slow knitter but it takes me forever to make even a simple hat for a baby.  Well here are a few things I have made (you should note that by the time I finished the sweater Allison had outgrown it, and I started knitting it before she was born!) When I started knitting the purple hat I figured I better make this big enough to fit a 2 year old since Allison will probably be that age by the time I finish it (she's 15 months here).





As a family of 6 we have a lot of stuff.  I try to be good about getting rid of things, but the "stuff" just seems to grow overnight and you find yourself with too much stuff.  These last few weeks I have been trying to reorganize, sort, and get rid of things we don't need.  At first I was trying to just find better ways to organize and store.  However I've come to the conclusion that I don't really need a whole lot of expensive containers and organizers.  What I need to do is just purge the house and garage of things we don't use/need.  DI truck here we come!  If you don't see or hear from me for a few days I might have gotten lost in the garage - please come find me!!

In other news,
Mark pulled out his first tooth this week




Lilliana has been begging me to put her in karate.  So for Christmas this year (instead of a bunch of stuff she doesn't need) we got her karate lessons.  She really enjoys it.  



This is what we look like at school pick-up.  Mark is usually in Lilliana's spot and powers the stroller Flintstone style.


Just a cute picture of Allison at the park that I had to include



Comments

  1. Allison's hat is so cute! So glad to know you have a blog. I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to finish your projects - they look fantastic!!!!! You've motivated me to finish Jack's Christmas presents by the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you made that hat - nice work! Allison looks super cute in it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts