Finding Joy

Little children are able to find joy in such simple things.  Allison thinks it's so funny to run away from me, but then when I "chase" her she turns around and runs towards me.  She thought she was so funny wearing these glasses (and I did too).

I don't know why but Allison likes to eat dirt.  Anytime I let her go outside it seems I find her like this...

My two costco shopping buddies.  They both LOVE those yellow bumpy strips you come to before you cross the parking lot.  Simple pleasures :)

 After school at the park one of Lilliana's friends offered to take Allison on the slide.  It's kind of hard to tell but both girls hair are full of static.

Saturday was our 12 year anniversary.  Even though he thinks it's a collosal waste of money this is what he brought home for me on Friday night.  I am a very lucky woman :).

For Jim's present this year I decided I would write Jim a note everyday telling him why I love him.  I took a frame added some scrapbook paper and then each day will write him a little note to tell him why I love him.  He joked that if I was going to do that everyday I would quickly run out of things to say.  I don't think it will be possible. :)

Today is my oldest's birthday.  She is 9.  We are so lucky to have her in our family.  She marches to the beat of her own drummer and while that can be frustrating at times, I'm proud of her for being her own person and not being afraid to say she likes or dislikes something just because everyone else does.  Happy Birthday sweetheart, I love you.




Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Lilliana! 12 years is a long time to be married...you must have a secret ;) oh and Allison and Garrison can chase each other

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts