Summer is Here

School is out and so each day the kids ask me what are we going to do today.  Here is how our summer began.  On the first official day of summer I took the kids to a trampoline gym.  They all had a blast.  They even have a kids only jumping area so the little ones don't get bounced by the big kids/adults.  


The next day Jim took Lilliana to raging waters.  So at the spur of the moment I took the younger kids to Roaring Camp Railroad.  Mark was in train heaven.  They were having their annual shareholder meeting that day and as a result there were lots of additional things going on there like candle making, the blacksmith shop was in use, gold panning, the print shop was open, and there was live music.  They have a diesel engine that is used to take people down to the boardwalk in Santa Cruz and while Mark was checking out the train the engineer came along and let Mark go up and sit in the driver seat.  We had a great time.



The next day some friends invited Mark and Lilliana to go miniature golfing.

Uhhh I think I may have started this summer off with too many fun activities!  We need to spread these out.

The NEXT day while Mark played at Gilroy Gardens with his grandma, I took the girls to the Morgan Hill aquatic center.  It was just the right speed for us.

In May I bought Gilroy Garden passes for the family from Costco (came out to about $23 per person for the season).  Now that it's open during the week off we went.

Mark is driving

We are waiting for the hot air ballon ride to start, what a perfect time to check the map and decide where to go next

My dad's company had an employee appreciation week.  On Thursday there was a big party for the families.  My dad invited us to join him.  There was a petting zoo, pony rides, cotton candy, face painting, bounce houses, carnival games, balloon artist, pretty much all those things kids love!  Thanks Dad for inviting us, we had a wonderful time.



Summer wouldn't be complete without another trip to the ranch.  The cactus was in bloom.  These were such pretty flowers, but don't pick it because inside that flower were about 10 bees!

Allison thought it was great fun to just dig and play in the dirt.  I really need to get this girl a sandbox.

Mark was steering the polaris.  He won't be getting in license anytime soon...

And finally with summer here I put the hammock up.

Comments

  1. So many good ideas in this post! Where is the trampoline gym? And we are definitely going to have to try the Morgan Hill Aquatics Center now!

    Oh, and thanks so much for telling me about West Valley Gymnastics - we love it! (Which you know because I read your comment on my blog post about it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Sky High and it's in Santa Clara. There is another newer one in Morgan Hill I believe, but I haven't been there.

    The Aquatics center was really nice. It's not big so it's easy to keep an eye on your kids. There is a splash pad area, a zero entry pool with a playground in it, 2 "bigger" waterslides, and then a traditional pool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts