December Came and Went Way Too Quickly

With a late Thanksgiving, Christmas really seemed to come quickly.  I felt the crunch of trying to get all the shopping, decorating, baking, etc…done.  With that aside though I do love Christmas time and reflecting on the birth of our Savior.  I feel like I should have prepared a little better so that I could have had more time to really enjoy Christmas instead of all the business.

Since we were out of town for Thanksgiving we didn't get to do our annual tradition of cutting down our tree followed by a picnic.  We went to a lot this year, and picked out a beautiful noble fir.

Camille helped carry the tree to the car.



This year I let the kids do most of the decorating.  They did a pretty good job.

On the Saturday before Christmas we did our annual Christmas caroling.  I always love this activity.  My favorite part is when we sing the "real" Christmas songs about the birth of the Savior.  While the other songs are fun to sing, I get a warm feeling when we sing the Christmas hymns.  A few days after we caroled last year a friend of mine asked me about our caroling party (I think I posted something about it on Facebook).  She asked if they could come next year, I said OF COURSE!  So this year about a week into December I got a text from her asking if we were going caroling.  So they came along with us this year.  Jillian, my friend's daughter was a bit nervous at first, but after singing at one or two houses decided it was lots of fun.  I'm so glad we got to share one of my favorite traditions with their family.  Next year I'd like to plan our own caroling party (then we get to carol 2 times).

Before school was out for Christmas break, Camille's preschool went to visit Santa. Camille had already visited with 2 other Santa's this year, but it was still fun to see her sit on his lap and tell him she wanted a unicorn.  I'm not sure how he answered that one, but Santa did come through with a small stuffed animal unicorn.

My mom is her church's choir director.  She planned their Christmas program.  So we decided to attend her ward that Sunday.  My younger sister Jennifer had a solo and did a beautiful job.  After church we went back to my mom's house for brunch.  Before we ate though we took a few pictures.  Unfortunately we didn't take the family picture first and so we only got pictures of the kids...







After pictures were over it was time to relax.  Allison made herself comfortable in the massage chair.

Grandpa Gary and Camille took a nap.

As did my sister Whitney and Lilliana.


Christmas Eve is up next.

Comments

Popular Posts