Easter Eggstraviganza

Wow what a week it has been.  We participated in at least 7 egg hunts.  The first 3 we were the egg hiders (is that even a word?).  On Monday for family night we filled (ok I filled ) 24 eggs for three different families.  Mark was helping me, but then I found out that he was putting ONE M&M per egg I thought I needed to supervise better.  Then towards the evening we drove over to their house and hid the eggs in their front yard.  Next we rang the doorbell and ran!  Let's just say that with kids ages of 9, 6, and 3 we didn't "surprise" anyone.  Although the kids think we did.  It's a lot of fun and it's nice to do something nice for others as well.

What's that you say, there are still 4 other eggs hunts unaccounted for.  One was of the kids doing, but all eggs were empty.  You could say it was a practice session for the big hunts with real candy in the eggs.  Another hunt was hosted by a friend for the kids who aren't big enough to be in school.  Our church hosted another egg hunt.  "The Easter Bunny" hid eggs around our living and dining rooms for the kids to find on Easter morning.  And finally the BIG hunt at my cousin's house with eggs, and prizes, but more importantly with laughter and love.

Egg Hunt #4

Egg Hunt #5








Saturday afternoon we dyed some eggs.  I found some of these no spill cups, but really I still had to do most of the egg handling.  This time we did it in stages.  Lilliana and Camille were first, and then Mark did it later in the day.  It was a lot less stressful than trying to keep track of 3 different sets of eggs.  Now what to do with 3 dozen hard boiled eggs (I'm the only one who likes hard boiled eggs as well). 

 



Easter morning.  For the first time in a while Allison decides to sleep in!  Horray, but alas my other children did NOT get the memo.  I have no idea what time they woke-up, but it had to have been at least 6am.  Ok so I guess we will forgo watching the kids see their baskets and finding eggs, and Jim and I went back to sleep.  The kids happily went to the living room to see their new found bounty and eat candy.  In the time it took them to find the eggs and for Allison to wake up (about 7:15) they managed to eat about 95% of the candy in the eggs.  Yes, I was definitely dreading church that afternoon.  After stuffing their faces with candy it was time to get ready for church.  I wanted everyone ready a bit early today so that I could get some pictures before we left because let's be honest by the end of church NO ONE looks put together.  I thought I was really clever to get each kid ready and then promptly take them outside for a few pictures.  Everything was going smoothly until it was time to put them all together in the picture.  I couldn't for the life of me get a picture that actually looks ok.  Here are a few of the "better" photos, along with some of the individual ones.









After church we headed to Hollister for the Hansen family egg hunt.  My cousin Sammi and I take turns hosting Easter at our houses. This year was Sammi's turn, and she did not disappoint.  We all had a great time and even got a little visit from the Easter bunny, although Camille and Allison wanting nothing to do with him. 



 Hidden among the eggs were canisters of silly string.  The kids had the brilliant idea to get the bunny.  Not sure if the bunny will want to come back next year...

One evening this week Mark and Lilliana decided to utilize the costco size package of paper cups I had bought.  This is one of the things they did with the cups.

Overall I can't say it was a bad week :)

Comments

Popular Posts