Park, Campout, and Baseball

Ok so I missed a week, but honestly I really didn't have much to write about. 

Baseball season and spring soccer have now started.  It seems that we have to be somewhere every evening.  With that in mind it's time to get back into the habit of doing a weekly meal plan so that we aren't eating on the run every night.  Tonight was Mark's first baseball game so we had to eat dinner at 4!  I made a delicious crock-pot chicken.  It was super easy too, just a few spices and I put the whole chicken in the crock-pot for 6 hours.  The whole family approved.  Thanks Our Best Bites for the recipe!  (Thanks Amy for introducing me to those wonderful recipes). 

A few weekends ago we decided to take the kids on another little hike.  We packed everyone up and drove to Belgatos park.  It started out well, until we got to a fork in the trail.  Camille had decided that she wanted to take the steeper trail up the hill.  We couldn't convince her to go on the other path, so alas our hike ended up lasting about 10 min.  We went back down the hill and played at the park instead.







My kids are not slow and easy swingers.  They like to go high and fast. Or as Camille would say, "Highest!"



Sunday was a wonderful day and the kids decided it would be fun to have a camp-out outside.  Instead of just squashing the idea right off I decided I would let them (knowing full well they would be back inside fairly quickly).  So the kids got ready for bed and made their beds outside.  Lilliana and Camille were up in the play structure, and Mark set-up camp on the trampoline.  When it was time for bed I sent them out to bed.  Not 2 minutes later they were back inside saying it was too dark, and too cold.  I didn't expect it to end so quickly - especially considering how much time they spent setting everything up!  So they set-up a mini camp in the living room for a few minutes before I made them really go to bed. 





Mark's first baseball game was today.  This is his first year playing "real" baseball, Single A.  I wasn't sure how this first game would play out.  All the boys and girls did really well I thought.  Mark hit the ball both times he was up at bat.  Unfortunately the first baseman got him out both times as well.  He had a great time though.  I can see many more years of baseball games in the future.


Allison had a good time playing in the rocks and dirt.  It was definitely bath time tonight.







Good game Iron Pigs!



Comments

  1. Yeah, Our Best Bites is pretty awesome. Have you tried the Spicy Honey Chicken Mango Salad? SOO good but def make sure to follow their tip about using thighs instead of breasts. Oh, and there is a recipe that is not in either of their cookbooks but was posted online for Double Pan Fried Noodles that is another one of my favorites and it is so easy and healthy.

    I love the story about the almost campout.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts